Eastern Veil and building an image

May 09, 2011  •  Leave a Comment
My latest image project has been the Eastern Veil Nebula in narrowband. I shot the SII and OIII first, both binned 2x2 and with 20 min subexposures, followed by two nights of Ha, binned 1x1 also with 20 min subs. I used a custom variant of JPM's tonemapping (http://www.astroanarchy.blogspot.com/) to assemble the channels and then some more color tweaking once it was assembled. I put together a gif to show the process of the image build (Click to view the animation): 
 
 
 
 
 
 












And here is the final result. 10.67 hrs total integration time (SII: 8x1200, 2x2)(OIII: 8x1200, 2x2)(Ha: 16x1200, 1x1). 
 
 
 

Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Archive
January February March April May June July August September October November December (1)
January February March April (1) May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August (1) September October November December (2)
January February March April May June July August September October (1) November December
January February March April May June July August September (1) October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December